Overview of recent announcements, deadlines, and other information for teams.
To the Formula Hybrid + Electric Family:
Jess and I wanted to bring you up to date on the status of Formula Hybrid + Electric for 2021.
As we head into the holidays here in the States, we want to wish you all a healthy and restful holiday season.
Online Registration for 2021 extended to Dec 4
· All Teams from 2020 have responded but there’s still time for new teams to register
· Registration has been extended until Friday Dec. 4, 2020, 11:59:59 p.m. EST https://www.sae.org/attend/student-events/formula-hybrid
· Please reach out to Jess (Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to register
Virtual Office Hours Dec 2
We’ll hold a Virtual Office Hours session at noon EST on Wednesday Dec 2.
· Have a question for the Formula Hybrid + Electric team?
· Just want to hear what other teams are thinking and working on?
· Join in: Meeting URL https://dartmouth.zoom.us/j/95181491233?pwd=KzJxaVpha1JZNXRTSmJEY1F2MDlldz09
o Meeting ID: 951 8149 1233
o Passcode: 747513
Virtual Racing Challenge
· Thanks to our sponsors iRacing and McLaren Applied Technology, the Virtual Racing Challenge is on!
· iRacing has made 5 free Driver Promo Codes available for each team
• Have your team captain email Jess the 5 driver names and email addresses and we’ll send back the Promo Codes
• Have your drivers log onto www.iRacing.com select Sign Up and enter the code during the signup process. (These only apply to new accounts and not renewals)
• Promo Codes will be active for one year
· You’ll be setting up and driving the USF2000 for the Challenge. Once your drivers are signed up, iRacing will enable the USF2000.
· The Challenge will be taking place on the virtual New Hampshire Motor Speedway Road Course
· Team drivers will be responsible for providing their own steering wheel and pedal system: Build, Buy, or Borrow
· Telemetry and data acquisition will be available using McLaren Applied Technology’s Atlas software (simply amazing!)
· iRacing and McLaren Atlas tutorials are being planned – stay tuned
· The target for the Virtual Racing Challenge is April 2021 so you’ll have plenty of time to drive and set up your USF2000 before handing it over to a “blue ribbon” driver for the scored hot laps
As before, we’ll continue to send occasional emails when there are significant updates. Also, be sure to check the Formula Hybrid website often for the latest information. Please use the ticketing system or our email addresses below to contact us with any questions, comments, or feedback.
Our utmost concern is the health and safety of our teams, sponsors, and volunteers. We will continue to make decisions based on the most up-to-date information available. In regards to the FH+E competition, teams, sponsors, and volunteers are expected to adhere to all national, state/province, local, and university level pandemic guidelines and restrictions.
Mike Chapman, Director: email@example.com
Jess Kinzie, Coordinating Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Formula Hybrid was probably the most enjoyable part of my undergraduate experience. Before I even enrolled in grad school, I researched similar design/build student teams at the universities that I was considering because I knew it was something that I wanted to continue with. When I got to Stanford, before my classes even started in the Fall, I joined the Stanford Solar Car team. I used my knowledge and skills from my involvement with MSOE’s FH team to jump right in and help design and build various components of the chassis, body, suspension, and battery subsystems. This Fall I will be attending a competition with the team in Australia, wish us luck!