Notes and important messages for students and teams.
To the Formula Hybrid + Electric Family:
Jess and I wanted to bring you up to date on the status of Formula Hybrid + Electric for 2021.
As we head into the holidays here in the States, we want to wish you all a healthy and restful holiday season.
Online Registration for 2021 extended to Dec 4
· All Teams from 2020 have responded but there’s still time for new teams to register
· Registration has been extended until Friday Dec. 4, 2020, 11:59:59 p.m. EST https://www.sae.org/attend/student-events/formula-hybrid
· Please reach out to Jess (Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to register
Virtual Office Hours Dec 2
We’ll hold a Virtual Office Hours session at noon EST on Wednesday Dec 2.
· Have a question for the Formula Hybrid + Electric team?
· Just want to hear what other teams are thinking and working on?
· Join in: Meeting URL https://dartmouth.zoom.us/j/95181491233?pwd=KzJxaVpha1JZNXRTSmJEY1F2MDlldz09
o Meeting ID: 951 8149 1233
o Passcode: 747513
Virtual Racing Challenge
· Thanks to our sponsors iRacing and McLaren Applied Technology, the Virtual Racing Challenge is on!
· iRacing has made 5 free Driver Promo Codes available for each team
• Have your team captain email Jess the 5 driver names and email addresses and we’ll send back the Promo Codes
• Have your drivers log onto www.iRacing.com select Sign Up and enter the code during the signup process. (These only apply to new accounts and not renewals)
• Promo Codes will be active for one year
· You’ll be setting up and driving the USF2000 for the Challenge. Once your drivers are signed up, iRacing will enable the USF2000.
· The Challenge will be taking place on the virtual New Hampshire Motor Speedway Road Course
· Team drivers will be responsible for providing their own steering wheel and pedal system: Build, Buy, or Borrow
· Telemetry and data acquisition will be available using McLaren Applied Technology’s Atlas software (simply amazing!)
· iRacing and McLaren Atlas tutorials are being planned – stay tuned
· The target for the Virtual Racing Challenge is April 2021 so you’ll have plenty of time to drive and set up your USF2000 before handing it over to a “blue ribbon” driver for the scored hot laps
As before, we’ll continue to send occasional emails when there are significant updates. Also, be sure to check the Formula Hybrid website often for the latest information. Please use the ticketing system or our email addresses below to contact us with any questions, comments, or feedback.
Our utmost concern is the health and safety of our teams, sponsors, and volunteers. We will continue to make decisions based on the most up-to-date information available. In regards to the FH+E competition, teams, sponsors, and volunteers are expected to adhere to all national, state/province, local, and university level pandemic guidelines and restrictions.
Mike Chapman, Director: email@example.com
Jess Kinzie, Coordinating Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for open "office" hours on Wednesday, December 2nd from noon-1:00 PM EST. Drop in, ask some questions, chat about current FH+E happenings, or just say hi! Meeting information is below, and there is not a registration process for this.
Meeting ID: 951 8149 1233 Passcode: 747513
This is an email that was sent this morning to the Team Contacts. If your team has a new contact that should be included on the 2020-2021 email list, please reach out to email@example.com
We want to give a huge KUDOS to Lawrence Tech for submitting an awesome Team Photo with their ESF submission, and because it is so useful, we would like to have other teams use it as well! I am attaching the template and Lawrence Tech's example, and you can also find this on our website under "Student Documents". This is really helpful for not only the document reviewers, but also for our sponsors, who will be recruiting this year. If you could please include this as the first page on your ESF-2, that will be really helpful. In regards to the ESF-2, we are asking teams who are using and modifying their 2020 car to use the ESF-2 that you submitted last year and revise that document. Please be sure to work from the ESF-2 that has been reviewed by the ESF Review team in 2020, and keep the comments from the review team. If you need access to that document, please let me know and I will send you the permissions. For teams who are starting with a new car for 2021, you will use a new ESF-2 document this year. Keep your eyes peeled for an invitation to "Open Office Hours", which we will be hosting for all of our teams as an informal drop in to connect with Mike and me, as well as some of the doc reviewers and judges. We will send more information once we have finalized some dates and times, so stay tuned! We hope you are all well and safe, and look forward to connecting with all of you this year. Please reach out if you need anything!
The Bonus and Penalty Points have been updated to reflect ESF-1 Bonus Points and SES Submissions. You can find the document here: "Bonus and Penalty Points 11.18.2020". Teams must notify the Rules Committee within 24 hours of posting if there are discrepancies.
Just a reminder: SES Submissions are due by November 14th, 11:59 PM GMT and ESF-1 Submissions by November 21st, 11:59 PM GMT. All documents should be uploaded via the Document Upload link on our website.
Per the SAE, the deadline for registration for this year's competition has been extended through December 4, 2020. This has not yet been updated on the SAE's Registration page, so please reach out if you have any questions.
There is still time to submit your ESF-1 for 5 bonus points. Deadline is November 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM GMT. Please be sure you are checking the Document Submission Dates in the Document Section!
Bonus and Penalty Points are posted here in the Document section, and if there are any discrepancies teams must contact us within 24 hours of this posted date.
Formula Hybrid+Electric and the IEEE have partnered together for 15 years, and this year, students will have a chance to win one of THREE free registrations to the Rising Stars Convention, taking place from virtually from January 2-4, 2021! This is an incredible opportunity for networking and professional development with industry experts. If you want to enter for a chance to win, please complete the three quizzes found here.(IEEE Quizzes) Once you complete Quiz #1, it will take you to Quiz #2, and then to Quiz #3. Good luck, have fun, and DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!
The Optimal Hybrid information can be found in the Document section on our website, and also here. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.