Notes and important messages for students and teams.
If you missed today's Office Hours featuring Optimal Hybrid, you can access the recording here. Please submit questions through our ticket system!
Awesome news! We are offering our teams the chance to choose your 2021 tee-shirt slogan again this year! You can enter as many slogans as you'd like, and be sure to complete this form by Thursday, January 21, 5:00 PM EST! We will then let all of you vote for the winning slogan! The winner will be given a gift certificate, and bragging rights, so hop to it and have fun! All entries must be submitted by a current team member only!
We will be hosting an open Office Hours to discuss your questions about the Clean Sheet, which is due on January 31, 2021. Join us on Tuesday, January 19th from 1:00-2:00 PM EST for answers to your questions. If you cannot make this time, please submit your questions through our Ticket System. The invitation to join is below, and you do not need to pre-register for this event.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 925 8079 8090
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,92580798090#,,,,*342287# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,92580798090#,,,,*342287# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 925 8079 8090
Find your local number: https://dartmouth.zoom.us/u/abgxcYV6an
Join by SIP
Join by H.323
126.96.36.199 (US West)
188.8.131.52 (US East)
184.108.40.206 (India Mumbai)
220.127.116.11 (India Hyderabad)
18.104.22.168 (Amsterdam Netherlands)
Meeting ID: 925 8079 8090
The deadline to submit the Clean Sheet for Optimal Hybrid has been extended from January 15, 2021 to January 31, 2021. We have also uploaded new documents that will help guide your teams in this process. Please find them in "Students-Documents" and here: Optimal Hybrid Simplified Project Plan and Optimal Hybrid Guidelines
We will also be hosting Office Hours during the week of January 18th for you to drop in and ask us questions about this, so please continue to check this Announcement page for the date and time.
We have added a Document in "Student Documents" that outlines the system requirements for running Atlas and iRacing on PCs, which you can find here. If you have any questions, please create a Ticket in our Support System.
Please find the most recent Bonus and Penalty Points posted on our website here, under "Students--Documents". If there are any discrepancies, teams must let us know within 24 hours of posting by submitting a Support Ticket.
If you missed today's meeting with iRacing and McLaren, be sure to tune into the recording for lots of good information about the software, the system, and the setup. And if you have not yet emailed Jess with your team's five drivers, please do so as soon as possible so you can begin working with the system.
The link to the recording can be found here, and if you have any questions, please let us know.
Join us today for a Zoom meeting with iRacing and McLaren to answer your questions about the software and usage! No registration required, just join via this link:
955 2032 2435
Bonus and Penalty Points have been updated to reflect the most current submission deadline for Project Plans. You can find the document here, as well as in the "Document" section under the "Students" tab on our website. Teams must notify us via Support Ticket within 24 hours of posting if there is a protest for the scores.
To the Formula Hybrid + Electric Family:
Jess and I wanted to bring you up to date on the status of Formula Hybrid + Electric for 2021.
As we head into the holidays here in the States, we want to wish you all a healthy and restful holiday season.
Online Registration for 2021 extended to Dec 4
· All Teams from 2020 have responded but there’s still time for new teams to register
· Registration has been extended until Friday Dec. 4, 2020, 11:59:59 p.m. EST https://www.sae.org/attend/student-events/formula-hybrid
· Please reach out to Jess (Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to register
Virtual Office Hours Dec 2
We’ll hold a Virtual Office Hours session at noon EST on Wednesday Dec 2.
· Have a question for the Formula Hybrid + Electric team?
· Just want to hear what other teams are thinking and working on?
· Join in: Meeting URL https://dartmouth.zoom.us/j/95181491233?pwd=KzJxaVpha1JZNXRTSmJEY1F2MDlldz09
o Meeting ID: 951 8149 1233
o Passcode: 747513
Virtual Racing Challenge
· Thanks to our sponsors iRacing and McLaren Applied Technology, the Virtual Racing Challenge is on!
· iRacing has made 5 free Driver Promo Codes available for each team
• Have your team captain email Jess the 5 driver names and email addresses and we’ll send back the Promo Codes
• Have your drivers log onto www.iRacing.com select Sign Up and enter the code during the signup process. (These only apply to new accounts and not renewals)
• Promo Codes will be active for one year
· You’ll be setting up and driving the USF2000 for the Challenge. Once your drivers are signed up, iRacing will enable the USF2000.
· The Challenge will be taking place on the virtual New Hampshire Motor Speedway Road Course
· Team drivers will be responsible for providing their own steering wheel and pedal system: Build, Buy, or Borrow
· Telemetry and data acquisition will be available using McLaren Applied Technology’s Atlas software (simply amazing!)
· iRacing and McLaren Atlas tutorials are being planned – stay tuned
· The target for the Virtual Racing Challenge is April 2021 so you’ll have plenty of time to drive and set up your USF2000 before handing it over to a “blue ribbon” driver for the scored hot laps
As before, we’ll continue to send occasional emails when there are significant updates. Also, be sure to check the Formula Hybrid website often for the latest information. Please use the ticketing system or our email addresses below to contact us with any questions, comments, or feedback.
Our utmost concern is the health and safety of our teams, sponsors, and volunteers. We will continue to make decisions based on the most up-to-date information available. In regards to the FH+E competition, teams, sponsors, and volunteers are expected to adhere to all national, state/province, local, and university level pandemic guidelines and restrictions.
Mike Chapman, Director: email@example.com
Jess Kinzie, Coordinating Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org