An Updated 2017 Results sheet has been posted
A results sheet that now includes Technical Inspection status has been posted to the results page.
A NEW Formula Hybrid Forum!
Formula Hybrid and the IEEE have collaborated on a new forum located on the IEEE Collabratec site.
You can find it here: IEEE / Formula Hybrid Forum (You don’t need to be a member of the IEEE to register).
2018 Rules have been posted!
They can be found here: 2018 Formula Hybrid Rules
Here are a few of the changes:
- Project Management points have been increased from 100 to 150. (Endurance is now 350 points).
- The definition of a hybrid has changed. The 10-second maximum acceleration time has been removed.
- Hybrid and electric-only now have the same number of acceleration runs.
- PCB spacing rules have been simplified.
- The functions of the warning lamps and beacons have been changed to be closer to FSAE-electric.
- The scoring formulas for the dynamic events have been simplified.
- Many rules have been clarified based on team queries over the last year.
NOTICE: The 2018 energy allocation and maximum accumulator sizes will be unchanged from 2017.
- Endurance Energy Allocation: 35.5 MJ
- Maximum Accumulator Capacity (Hybrid): 4,449 Wh
- Maximum Accumulator Capacity (Electric-only): 5,400 Wh