Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ     Formula Hybrid Home Page

Board index » Rules and Regulations » Rules

Post subject: Rain Protection Body panels
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 pm 

I have pasted the relevant rule below:

My question is: If during the two days of dynamic events it rains for one day but not the other, can we add or remove drive train body panels specific for rain protection and then have the car re-inspected for the given weather conditions (rain or dry) ?

Thank you
Albert

3.7.3 Modifications and Repairs
(A) Once the vehicle has been presented for judging in the Design Events, or submitted for Technical Inspection, and until the vehicle is approved to compete in the dynamic events, i.e. all the inspection stickers are awarded, the only modifications permitted to the vehicle are those directed by the Inspector(s) and noted on the Inspection Form.

(B) Once the vehicle is approved to compete in the dynamic events, the ONLY modifications permitted to the vehicle are:
a) Adjustment of belts and chains
b) Adjustment of brake bias
c) Adjustment of the driver restraint system, head restraint, seat and pedal assembly
d) Adjustment to engine operating parameters, e.g. fuel mixture and ignition timing
e) Adjustment of mirrors
f) Adjustment of the suspension where no part substitution is required, (except that springs, sway bars and shims may be changed)
g) Adjustment of tire pressure
h) Adjustment of wing angle
i) Replenishment of fluids
j) Replacement of worn tires or brake pads
k) The changing of wheels and tires for ―wet‖ or ―damp‖ conditions as allowed by 6.2.1.
The vehicle must maintain all required specifications, e.g. ride height, suspension travel, braking capacity, sound level and wing location throughout the competition.

(C) Once the vehicle is approved for competition, any damage to the vehicle that requires repair, e.g. crash damage, electrical or mechanical damage, will void the Inspection Approval whether or not the inspection sticker has been removed. Upon the completion of the repair and before re-entering into any dynamic competition, the vehicle MUST be re-submitted to Technical Inspection for re-approval.

Board index » Rules and Regulations » Rules