Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ     Formula Hybrid Home Page

Board index » Technical - Design and Construction » Electrical

Post subject: Elithion Lithiumate Pro BMS for Sale
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:49 am 

I am with Texas A&M University and we are selling our Lithiumate BMS as we are no longer participating in Formula Hybrid. This is the BMS that was on our championship-winning car last year. It will come with over 60 cell boards for pouch cells including (I believe) six positive and negative end boards. These are currently wired in four cell modules with appropriate fusing for competition. The brain will come with all the stock connectors we used on our car, although I am unsure whether or not we have everything that was included with it when purchased.

We are unsure of the condition of all of the cell boards and brain and as such, the unit is sold AS-IS.

This BMS was removed from our car shortly before the car was converted to a non-hybrid. The electrical engineers who were responsible for it have since graduated and we can not test functionality, unfortunately.

We are asking $1500 OBO for the brain, cell boards, and any associated connectors or wiring we have for the unit. If you are interested, please send me an email at coleasterling@gmail.com and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Cole

Post subject: Re: Elithion Lithiumate Pro BMS for Sale
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 pm 

How long have you had the BMS? Just last year or is it a few years old and how abusive were your EE's on it?

Also, no longer participating in Hybrid?!? Are you moving back to normal FSAE or going to the electric class for 2013?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 pm 

We purchased the BMS last year and only used it on the 2011 car. I honestly couldn't say how abusive they were. The case is in good shape and the cell boards *look* okay. But, as I said, we have no way of testing everything.

We don't have the people or budget to do both, so it is one or the other for us. We accomplished everything we wanted to in FH. Two firsts and a second isn't too shabby! We're going back to FSAE to prove that we can compete with the best in the world. We'll see how it goes!

-Cole

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:39 pm 

I just wanted to note that we will entertain offers. We have no use for this and want to get rid of it soon.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 pm 

The new price is $1250. I'll reiterate that we want this gone!
-Cole

Board index » Technical - Design and Construction » Electrical